Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fettuccine with chicken and sundried tomatoes

Again, it has been a long time between posts, as I've had illness in my family.  However, this doesn't mean I've stopped cooking!

When I did the creamy salami and tomato fettuccine, CJ said that I should try cooking it with sundried tomatoes and chicken.  So, I decided to give it a go.

I followed the EDC recipe for the salami fettuccine, but used basil instead of parsly, and addedd 500 g of cubed chicken along with the cream, water, stock and roma tomatoes.  I cooked this all for 17 minutes, and did not add the fettuccine, as I cooked this separately.  About 5 minutes before the 17 minutes were up, I added a tub of sundried tomatoes instead of the salami.  When this was all cooked, I put the sauce into a thermoserver, and cooked the fettuccine as given in the EDC.

The result turned out to be reasonably good, but I felt that there were too many tomatoes in the pasta, and the sundried tomato flavour didn't really come through to my satisfaction.  After some research into recipes, I think I'll leave out the roma tomatoes, and add the sundried tomatoes just before serving.  After 5 minutes cooking (just to warm them through) the sundried tomatoes had sat in the pasta in the thermoserver for about 15 minutes.  By then, they had plumped up a bit which I didn't want.

Even though things didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, it reall was a pretty good result for my first recipe experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment