Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Red Curry Chicken Risotto

I found this recipe on the internet before getting my TM, and have wanted to cook it ever since the TM arrived. The link to the recipe is:
http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/10893/red-curry-chicken-risotto.html

This was another lesson in preparing all the ingredients first, so that they could easily be added at the required times.  I didn't do so well with this, as I was a bit distracted, and had to keep referring to the recipe.  SJ and my cousin EM came around to try muy cooking this time, as CJ was doing something else.  SJ saved the day by going to buy some arborio rice, as Mum had got basmati rice by mistake.

At one point, when I was measuring out the coconut milk (I wanted to weigh it on my talking scales to see whether 400 g was equal to 400 ml), I accidentally tipped some of the milk into the TM jug instead of the jug on the scales.  I pannicked a bit, but EM assured me that I had not ruined everything, and tipped the milk back into the jug for me.  Everything seemed to take me ages to do, and we ate about 45 minutes later than I had planned.  I think I'm just going to have to get all the ingredients prepared before my friends come over, rather than when they arrive.

I wasn't sure whether I had to use a particular type of curry paste, so just bought some red thai curry paste.  3 tablespoons sounded like a lot, but i followed the recipe exactly.  I think I might use a touch less curry paste next time though, as it was really rather hot!  I'm glad I didn't add the extra chilli as the recipe suggested. 

I let the risotto sit in my thermoserver while I made more lemon custard.  EM hadn't tried it yet.  It amazed me just as much this time as it did in the demo, just how much difference the resting of the risotto made.  It was quite liquidy when I took it out of the TM, but after resting, it was perfect!

Apart from being a bit hotter than I expected (not too hot though), the risotto was absolutely delicious!  The texture and flavour were perfect.  This is definitely a recipe I'll make again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    I just found your blog today and think it is great, even though I have only read a few of the first couple of blog entries so far.

    I have several friends who are vision impaired and last week they were talking about cooking when we were checking out some talking scales and talking measuring jugs at Vision Australia Equipment Solutions. My other friend has a thermomix and I wondered if they may find that kitchen machine useful. Your blog answered a lot of questions straight away, so thank you!

    We all live in QLD. I am thinking it would be fantastic if you could potentially be involved in some kind of webinar or something? to demonstrate how you use the thermomix and other equipment in the kitchen in the near future?!

    How do you find weighing and measuring? Do you have to use talking scales and talking measuring jugs at the same time as the TM?

    Lots of questions, perhaps you could email me and we could discuss this further? enquiriespap@yahoo.com.au

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete