Monday, May 2, 2011

The end of the porridge saga

I've at last found the perfect porridge.  I admit, I didnt' make it in the TM, but there's no reason it couldn't be made that way for a larger amount.  All I did was soak half a cup of rolled oats in 3.4 cup boiling water overnight.  This results in an almost solid porridge.  Then I add 100 g of low fat ricotta and microwave for about one and a half minutes until hot.  This thins the porridge slightly which makes it easier to mix through the melted cheese.  Then I top with a spoonful of brown sugar - delicious!

You might think that I'm strange having cheese in my porridge.  Well, it's not as strange as it sounds.  The cheese has very little flavour, and makes the porridge quite creamy.  It's a really good filling breakfast which keeps me full for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment