Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thermofestive Mystery Stew and flourless chocolate cake

A couple of weekends ago, I tried out the Thermofestive Mystery stew from http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/.  Yum!  There were a lot of ingredients, but it was really easy to make.

I got to learn about some new ingredients including smoked paprika (what a wonderful smell!), and safron.  I had no idea that safron was so expensive!  And it really does come in threads.

Just to make things more interesting, I   decided to record a podcast of cooking with the TM whilst making the stew.  I had to keep pausing the recording whilst measuring out ingredients, and got my recorder covered in something (I'm not sure what), but it was good fun.  Now I just have to work out how to post the podcast on http://www.blindcooltech.com/.  This is a website containing podcasts about all sorts of things ranging from a review of the latest iphone ap for the blind, to an audio tour of one of the space shuttles!

I also tried out the flourless chocolate cake from the EDC.  What a great cake recipe.  It was so easy.  No horrible creaming of butter and sugar!  The other good thing about it was that the batter was runny, so I just poured it into the tin, and didn't have to worry about smoothing it out.  Definitely my kind of cake.

I've been wanting to make this cake since I went to a thermomix class where it was served.  It was absolutely delicious, and so was mine!  It took an hour to cook, and the smell nearly drove me crazy!

1 comment: