Sunday, February 13, 2011

Banana smoothie and some thoughts

This morning, I decided to make a banana smoothie in the TM.  It didn't really turn out like a banana smoothie but banana liquid, but that was actually really good, as it was easier to drink.

I started with 2 scoops of BodyTrim Chocolate protein powder, which I added to the TM with 250 ml of water.  I mixed this at speed for for about 5 seconds.  It combined perfectly!  I should say that usually when I try to mix protein powder with water using my other mixers, the result isn't good.  The powder seems to line the container I'm mixing in, and sets like concrete if I don't wash it out properly.

Then I added a banana and a couple of ice cubes, and mixed on speed 4 for about 5 seconds.  This resulted in liquid with a few small bits of banana and ice in the bottom, so I threw caution to the wind and mixed on speed 7 for about 5 seconds.  The smoothie had turned into 2 glasses of slightly frothy liquid.  Really nice!

There are many features which make the TM really easy to use.  The buttons are all different shapes, and beep when you press them.  They are also nice rubber buttons which need a good press to work.  The bowl is marked inside at half litre intervals with dots, and there are also vertical strokes at the 1 and 2 litre marks. 

The only function of the TM I can't use are the scales.  This isn't too much of a problem, as I have talking scales.  I also have to be careful with the reverse function, used to make the blades turn the other way so that they stir rather than chop, as I have no way of telling whether this is on or off.  The machine just beeps once every time I press the button.  I've asked E to pass on to Thermomix Australia that it might be worth making the machine beep once when reverse is turned on and twice when it is turned off.

The spatula that comes with the TM is really good too.  It has a disk at the top which means that you can push the spatula down through the hole in the lid only so far.  This means that it is safe to poke around with the spatula while the TM is going, as it is impossible to touch the blades with the spatula.

Everything that comes apart has grooves to fit together which makes the TM very easy to assemble.  All in all, a really nice machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment