Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hard boiled eggs again - my first cooking alone

I cooked 4 hard boiled eggs this morning.  This was my first attempt at cooking with noone else in the house.  With all my other cooking attempts, either my mother or E was in the house for moral support.

Everything went really well.  I even got the basket out without difficulty.  The basket has no handle, but has a verticle ridge running up the insideat one point. At the top of the ridge is a small hole.  On the TM spatula is a hook which fits into this hole and can be used to lift the basket out of the TM. 

I located the vertical ridge by running the spatula around the inside of the basket near the top.  I then used the spatula to turn the basket until the ridge was in line with the handle of the bowl.  I located the hole with quick taps of my index finger, and was able to get the hook of the spatula in the hole on only my second try!  No potmits required!

The last time I tried to cook hard boiled eggs in my egg cooker, I shook like crazy, and hated every minute of it.  It is one of those cookers where you put the eggs in holes in a plastic stand that sits in the egg cooker.  You put a measured amount of water in the bottom, and it makes a nasty high pitched screech when the water has evaporated, which signifies that the eggs are cooked.  I had to prick the eggs to stop the shells from cracking (a process which always made me worry that I'd break the eggs), and measure exactly the right amount of water into the egg cooker.  Despite pricking the eggs, the eggs would always crack, and the egg would drip on to the hot part of the cooker, which would make a horrible smell, and a sizzling sound which I hated.  Everything was also really hot. 

It was so nice to cook something on my own without fear or anxiety.  I know it's only hard boiled eggs, but it's a good start.  Bye-bye egg cooker!

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I recently got my TM in Dec and am loving it..so glad it is helping you. I have found the Thermomix Forum very useful. It has loads of different recipies. You should have a look if you are looking for ideas.
    All the best
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know I've never boiled eggs in my Thermomix! How easy! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete